What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
Any data we request that is not required will be specified as voluntary or optional.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order or request.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Cookies are files which can be placed onto your computer's hard drive, once permission has been given. There are numerous benefits to having cookies placed on your hard drive. If you have accepted, cookies are used to identify when you visit a particular site, as well as analyse web traffic. Cookies also facilitate a more personal web experience, allowing web applications to gather information about your personal preferences, and respond to you as an individual.
Please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org for more information on cookies.
At taupodebretts.co.nz, traffic log cookies are used to identify the pages that are being used. From the data provided by these cookies, we can analyse web page traffic and tailor our website to our customer's needs. This information is only used for the purpose of statistical analysis.
This website uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics: This cookie allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
- Google AdWords: Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget.
- DoubleClick: We use remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.You can manage/ opt out here: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
- AdRoll: We use retargeting codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.You can manage your preference/ opt-out here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Please see this guide for details on how to turn off/ manage your cookies:
- Internet Explorer - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955Mozilla
- Firefox - http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies...
- Chrome - http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=95647
- Safari - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
- iPad/iPod/iPhone - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677Android - http://support.google.com/android/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=168544#1071614
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information.
This policy was last modified on 09/09/2013
76 Napier-Taupo Road, SH 5, Taupō
07 378 8559